Delivery and Returns
What happens when I win an auction?
All successful auction winners are immediately notified of their win and are expected to complete payment within 48 hours. An email is always sent notifying winners of their win, which also contains a link for successful winners to complete payment. Users not completing payment within 48 hours will be sent an email notification asking them to complete payment within 24 hours, otherwise they will receive an unpaid strike in their account and their auction win will be deleted.
Auction Voucher Delivery
- Once payment has been complete, users will be directed to a page where they can instantly download their voucher from the site. All users must be registered and logged into the site in order to download their voucher. Please note that if your voucher is not available immediately, please allow a few minutes as payment needs to be authorised before the voucher is available.
- All vouchers for auctions are automatically generated by PriceYourMeal.com upon successful completion of payment. All vouchers are delivered electronically through PriceYourMeal.com. Please note that it is not our policy to print off and post your voucher - it is your own responsibility to print your own voucher from your PriceYourMeal.com account. To access your voucher, please login to your account and select the 'My Vouchers' link from the menu on the left hand side.
- Vouchers are available at all times to download from the site (as long as they are still valid and have not been used). In situations where it is impossible for you to access or print your voucher, we will post your voucher to the address you have registered on the site within 48 hours of receiving your request. All requests for posting vouchers must be sent to 'email@example.com' with the subject line 'Please post voucher', along with a reason as to why you require us to post the voucher.
- For vouchers that are to be posted, please supply the following details in your email:
- Your full name
- Your username
- The auction number
- The date you wish to use the voucher
- The reason you cannot access your voucher
Deliveries from Online Shop
Any item purchased from the online shop will be delivered to you by the restaurant or seller direct. PriceYourmeal.com is a platform for restaurants to sell and users to buy items and PriceYourMeal.com cannot guarantee availability or delivery times for items ordered from the online shop and delivered by the restaurants. Please note that all orders placed after 12pm will be processed the following working day. All restaurants will strive to deliver your items within the following timeframe:
- Recorded delivery - within 48 hours of the order being processed (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays).
- Special Delivery - within 24 hours of the order being processed (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays).
Once your order has been shipped, you will receive notification of this from the restaurant, along with a 13 digit code provided by Royal Mail that can be used to track your order. To track your order, please visit http://www.royalmail.com and enter your 13-digit tracking reference number.
Refunds and returns - Auctions
Auction Voucher refunds for valid and active vouchers
We do not offer refunds or returns for vouchers that have been produced as a result of winning and paying for an auction on the site - it is the responsibility of all users to read and understand the terms and conditions of usage of the site and also the individual auctions. Money for auction wins will only be returned in the following circumstances (as long the vouchers are still active (i.e. not expired) and unused):
- Extra money being paid for auction wins by mistake (i.e. auctions being paid for more than once).
- No suitable reservation date or time being available at the restaurant before the voucher expires and the restaurant is not willing to extend the expiry date. In such situations, confirmation of this is also required from the restaurant concerned.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the restaurant/seller has gone out of business and cannot honour the voucher.
- Due to a severe illness or accident, the voucher holder will not be able to use the voucher before it expires.
Auction Voucher refunds for invalid and expired vouchers
We do not process refunds for vouchers that have been used or have expired. If you won an auction and did not enjoy the quality of the meal or service you were provided, you must immediately take this matter up with the restaurant manager directly.
If your voucher has only just recently expired (i.e. within the past 5 days), please contact the restaurant or seller directly on the number provided on your voucher as ask them politely if they could extend the voucher expiry for a few days more. In 99% of cases, they will oblige and allow you a few more days to use your voucher. Please note that this does not have anything to do with PriceYourMeal.com and such negotiations must be completed between the voucher holder and restaurant/seller.
Refunds and returns - Online Shop Orders
Orders not received
If you have placed an order for an item from the online shop, please allow up to a maximum of 5 working days for delivery.
- If you have not received your goods in that time but have a 13 digit Royal Mail tracking number provided by the seller, please go to the Royal Mail website as described above and track the status of your order. Any problems with deliveries should be taken up with Royal Mail.
If you have not received your goods in that time and have not been provided with a 13 digit Royal Mail tracking number by the seller, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line 'Missing Order' and we will investigate and respond to your enquiry within 24 hours. If the item is out of stock or has yet to be sent out, we will inform you of the situation and you will have the option to:
- Continue with the order
- Cancel the order and claim a full refund
Damaged or incomplete orders
Please contact the restaurant/seller if your order is received incomplete or damaged. They will be able to offer a replacement item for you. If they are unwilling to do so, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject 'Damaged Order' and detail the problems you are experiencing. We will investigate and discuss with the restaurant/seller in order to come to an amicable solution. This does not affect your statutory rights.